My AssetStore Link


Unity Store Link - Click to see all the Song's work that has been put on Unity AssetStore

Saturday, 1 September 2012

TDTK 2.1.2 (bug fix, loads of them)

This should have come earlier but unfortunately I was very busy with contract work and moving house. Anyway TDTK 2.1.2 has finally been uploaded to AssetStore. I'm expecting it to become live on Monday.

Nothing ground breaking in this update. Just loads of bug fixes, mostly NGUI related, and just one new addition. I've mentioned about it before, it's the damage table. If you haven't been follow my blog. It's basically allow user to define multiple (as much as you need) damage and armor type that will be used in the game. Each of the damage type has different effectiveness against each armor type. In short, you can create tower that is particularly useful against certain type of creeps but ineffective against other. Or even a full paper scissors rock relation between the towers and creeps since now the creeps can fight back at the towers. I reckon it should be very useful for some user. I think it does open up a lot of possibilities for various tower setup, on top of the existing options. Come to think of it, this toolkit has certain come far from what it was first release.

As usual, the full list of change is listed as follow:

  • added support for configurable damage type and configurable armor type with for both towers and creeps. User can define multiple armor/damage type. The effectiveness of each damage type against each armor type can be configured.

bug fix
  • NGUI based UI will now sow game-over menu when the game is over
  • pause menu will no longer interfere with game-over menu
  • upgrade to NGUI full version will no longer mess up the NGUI UI
  • fixed bug where creep would sometime stuck at the spawn point
  • fixed bug where creeps HP overlays are not positioned correctly
  • fixed bug where restart/next button on NGUI ui will not work properly
  • fixed bug where tower targeting direction will reset to +ve x-axis every time the tower is selected
  • when using PoingNBuild mode in NGUI ui, switching platform with different buildable tower type will no longer cause certain build button to move to incorrect position. (disable UIButtonOffset component on the button.)

known issue
  • upgrade to NGUI full version will cause a missing script error for Popup List's BaseSliceSprite. This can be fixed by assigning UISliceSprite.cs to the missing component slots.


  1. Fantastic, Song -- can't wait to get at this one! You're right: the toolkit is way, WAY more than the basic JavaScript version you started out with (though that one was great as well :-) ). If bang-for-the-buck were rated at the Unity Asset Store, you'd get six stars out of five!

    I have one request, though -- hopefully a minor one...

    Like a lot of folks, I've customized the toolkit (a LOT) to fit my own game. I love getting the new updates, which are always worthwhile, but I spend a lot of time revising the updated scripts in order to include my changes again...

    On the other hand, sometimes I may be revising a script that you haven't changed in the first place! :-(

    So, here's my request: could you please add a readme file or a release note to your update packages? By making a log entry for each update, you could indicate which script files are changed so that users don't bother revising scripts that haven't been changed.

    Time/date stamps can be misleading for comparison, but an update log file would make it far easier to know which files I need to revise and which ones I can leave as-is.

    Thanks again for the great package -- and fantastic support!

  2. you are too kind. :)

    I have been getting that (a recorded change log) quite a lot lately. Probably I've been doing too much update. To be honest it's quite a pain in the arse to document down every line of the changes I made. I'm not the most organised person in the first place. :(

    But I'll do what I can, starting from next update.

  3. Thanks, Song -- no big deal at all; it'd just be convenient if I knew which files were changed, not a list of changes themselves. For now, I'm using WinMerge to check if you've updated any of the 7 key script files I've customized. If you have, I just incorporate your changes to my script files (or vice-versa, depending on how big the changes are). Now that I've set up that system, it's much easier for me to do the updates. Knowing which files were changed in advance would save me a step, but it's no longer the hassle it used to be!