My AssetStore Link

I've moved - GO TO THE NEW WEBSITE

Unity Store Link - Click to see all the Song's work that has been put on Unity AssetStore




Wednesday 6 March 2013

TDTK WIP and Update (Ability System)

It has indeed been a while since my last post. I've been on a rather long break right after that.

But I'm back again working on the next update for TDTK. I still have quite a lot to catch up follow the last update. To fix various bug and error, not to mention update the documentation now it has almost become obsolete following the change I made in previous update. Hopefully my video would do an adequate job for the time being.

Anyway, I've been working on adding more stuff. It's a continuation of the perk system for last update which is a player ability system. Basically it's a set of abilities player can actively trigger and used in the game. Similar to the perk system, you can create a set of abilities, configure what an abilities do, the cooldown, the cost, etc. and then enable/disable them individually in each scene. The system is tied to the perk system like the tower does. So you can set it up so there are perks that upgrade an ability or modify the ability. I'm still experimenting with some of the elements. As per every other feature in kit, I'm trying to make it as flexible as possible to accommodate a wide range of user design.

For now, these are the effect the abilities can do:
  • AOEDamage
  • AOESlow
  • AOEStun
  • AOEDotUnit
  • AOEDotArea
  • AOEDamageBuff 
  • AOEBoost
  • AOERepair
Yes it's all AOE based effect, but at least a single abilities can have 3 effects. So with some mix and match it could still offer some variety. I'm open for for ideas atm so feel free to suggest. 

ability editor (atm)
A little bombshell, I'm considering to add first person turret control mechanism. I think it's a cool idea however it would be a bit of a nightmare adding control support for mobile devices. I might just do it anyway, without adding support for mobile device, just for fun sake.

Also, I've controller support to the UI for a contract. So if you need controller support, now you know it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment